Friday, September 2, 2011

An Interview, An Author, and a Magic 8 Ball: Kristina Springer

Up next in my interview series is Kristina Springer. Kristina & I live in the same town and we met in a funny way. The local paper ran an article on her a couple years ago when The Espressologist came out. I showed it to my husband and he urged me to go to her book launch party. I'm generally pretty shy, so I contacted Kristina over Facebook first. I realized how cool she was and we stopped by her book launch. Since then Kristina & I have gotten closer, especially over the last year, and I'm proud to call her a friend. :)

Now, I knew Kristina's books before I knew her well, so I can say with all honesty that if you love contemporary teen romance, you will LOVE her novels!

MJ: Tell me a bit about your novel, Just Your Average Princess, in your own words - not the official synopsis.

KS: Just Your Average Princess (available 10/11/11) is about a girl named Jamie who has grown up on her family's pumpkin patch in the small town of Average, IL. Jamie's always dreamed of being the town's Pumpkin Princess at the fall festival and this is her year. But when her snobby cousin from Hollywood gets dropped off to live with them during pumpkin season she turns Jamie's world upside down. Not only is she going after the guy Jamie's had a crush on forever, she also wants Pumpkin Princess.

MJ: Did you pants or plot while writing your first draft?

KS: For this book I wrote a synopsis and plotted chapter by chapter before writing. But in the early days I would pants it!

MJ: What’s your next release going to be?

KS: This is my next release. I'm working on some future projects but have no firm release dates yet.

MJ: Now for the fun stuff! Who is your celebrity crush?

KS: Jeff from Big Brother 13

MJ: What is your favorite color? 

KS: Pink 

MJ: What’s your favorite vacation spot? 

KS: Disney World 

MJ: Now, I need YOU to ask ME a question about absolutely anything under the sun. It has to be a yes or no question and will be answered by my 9-year-old’s all-knowing Magic 8 Ball! The question can be serious or silly - it’s up to you. 

KS: Is the vampire/wolves/zombies fad coming to an end? :-) 

M8B: My Sources Say No


MJ: Haha! YAY! You know how much I love me some zombies. Woot! Okay, now I'm actually leaving and will see Kristina in a few minutes. She always makes me laugh and I guarantee you guys will love her novels!!!!!

Buy The Espressologist, My Fake Boyfriend is Better Than Yours,
and Just Your Average Princess (pre-order) on:



2 comments:

  1. What? It's not over? Nooooooo *dies dramatically*

    ... Okay, maybe not that bad. Just as long as they're PROPER vampires and PROPER werewolves! None of this sparkly nonsense xP

    Great interview! The titles of the books made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been know to like a zombie or two myself. ;-) Thanks for having me visit!!

    ReplyDelete